Your focus is on converting farm products. Ours is on converting your evolving agribusiness into an efficient, profitable, thriving operation.
Dairy. Meats. Grains. Produce. No matter what your business processes, as it grows, commodity price fluctuations as well as USDA and FDA regulations will continue to have a major impact on your operation. At the same time, key manufacturing challenges—including process efficiencies and labor issues—will become even bigger issues to manage.
As food processors evolve from small family businesses into larger operations, they contend not only with the industry-specific issues that have always impacted their businesses, but also with the growing pains involved with building a larger manufacturing operation. The specialists at Schenck can help.
Our food processing team knows agribusiness. We know manufacturing, too. So you benefit from one source of advice and support for all your business challenges. As your operation expands, Schenck can help your business:
Manage the risks and challenges specific to your food processing operation.
The Schenck team has worked closely with various types of food processors, so we understand your critical concerns relating to pricing and regulations. As members of a federal milk marketing order, we have first-hand knowledge about dairy pricing and supply. And we stay abreast of the latest regulatory changes that can impact your business.
You can count on Schenck to help your business:
- Understand and assess the impact of fluctuating commodity prices
- Stay current with the latest USDA, FDA and other regulatory changes and food safety requirements, and take the right steps to maintain compliance
- Handle licensing and auditing needs
- Efficiently track production dates and lots
- Implement technology and computer automation solutions that can assist with food recalls, ingredient lists, allergy information, cross contamination and communicating other critical information
Enhance the efficiency and profitability of manufacturing operations.
Like any manufacturer today, your business needs ways to control costs, improve operations and maintain your workforce as it grows. We use our knowledge of the manufacturing industry, and food processing operations in particular, to help your business:
- Identify and take advantage of applicable manufacturing exemptions, including available tax credits and manufacturing agriculture credits, that can make a real bottom line difference
- Implement cost segregation studies and manage cash flow to help facilitate growth and expansion
- Implement lean manufacturing techniques and other best practices to optimize processes and increase throughput
- Create HR strategies for attracting and retaining employees and handling labor issues to help prevent staffing shortages
- Select software and technology that can enhance your manufacturing processes