Providing high quality care is what you do best. We can help you take care of the rest.
Perfecting quality scores while redesigning staffing models. Enhancing culture while providing exceptional care. Increasing customer satisfaction while improving occupancy. Work with the Health Care Services team at Schenck to maximize revenue and increase efficiency.
Running a senior living community or care facility comes with its share of challenges: developing network partnerships, understanding how alternative reimbursement models will affect your facility, ensuring your nursing team is staffed adequately, and more. You want the best for your residents, and providing quality care is no easy feat in the midst of declining reimbursements and fewer resources. The post-acute care/long term care (PACLTC) consultants at Schenck blend their traditional CPA expertise with a strong understanding of the PACLTC industry to address your concerns across the continuum of care.
A team with the expertise you need
We can provide the total package from financial analysis to addressing operational concerns. And with a licensed nursing home administrator on our team, we have the internal operations knowledge and leadership perspective that only comes from hands-on experience in the field. We also work closely with senior living associations, such as Leading Age, Wisconsin Assisted Living Association (WALA) and Wisconsin Health Care Association (WHCA). Turn to the PACLTC consultants at Schenck for help with:
- Reviewing tax planning and compliance, including sales and use tax, personal property taxes and real estate transactions
- Conducting comprehensive audit services from financial statement audits and HUD audits to employee benefit plan audits and clinical audits by RNs and certified coders
- Developing strategic plans and business development activities to look at occupancy projections, identify strategic partnerships with hospitals and physicians and identify niche service opportunities
- Assessing your operations to look at quality scores, hospital readmissions, labor and staffing and health care provider utilization
- Using risk analysis to address HIPAA compliance, IT security concerns, admission agreements and clinical care policies and documentation
- Understanding how accurate Medicare and Medicaid cost reporting relates to reimbursement levels
- Ensuring an adequate workforce amid nursing and nursing aid shortages with help from our human resources consultants
- Determining the need for investing in capital and technology as facility designs and staffing models change to meet expectations of residents and their families
- Adjusting your services to meet the shift from more traditional resident facilities to home- and community-based services
- Using cost segregation studies to maximize depreciation deductions on your real estate investments
When you’re ready for advisory services that look beyond the numbers to identify opportunities for efficiencies and savings, Schenck can help. Our clients include:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Post-acute care rehabilitation
- Home health and hospice
- Assisted living facilities, such as community-based residential facilities (CBRF) and residential care apartment complexes (RCAC)
- Independent living facilities
- Adult family homes
Schenck is a proud member of: