Whether you’re conducting business in another state or just another county, varying state and local tax laws make things complicated. It’s time to simplify.
No one wants to pay penalties for violating tax laws in other states and municipalities. Trust our State and Local Tax (SALT) team to help you stay compliant and reduce your tax liability in all the places you do business.
Schenck offers a wide range of SALT services, helping your organization find tax saving opportunities in your local area and beyond. We don’t just answer the quick question. We understand how your business functions now and where you want to go in the future—and how that growth can affect your tax requirements. The SALT Team is a specialized resource who can help determine the best way for you to stay compliant and avoid overpaying taxes.
Take advantage of our expertise to help you manage SALT compliance, along with keeping you abreast of law changes or planning opportunities, including:
- Entity restructuring for SALT savings
- Nexus consulting to help you understand where you are and are not required to file
- Voluntary disclosure to reduce historical tax exposure
- State tax return preparation
- Obtaining Wisconsin manufacturing classification for property tax
- Sales, income, property tax and unclaimed property compliance reviews
- Audit representation
- Utility studies to maximize the manufacturing exemption
- State credit and incentives consulting and compliance