Know what your business is worth. And be ready for any situation.
Whether you are engaged in gift and estate planning, involved in a partner buyout, or considering the sale or purchase of a business, an accurate assessment of business value is essential to making strategic decisions.
When you work with Schenck, you’ll have access to accredited business valuation specialists who are highly trained in the various methods of valuation analysis. Our team includes dedicated Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA), Certified Business Appraisers (CBA) and Certified Public Accountants (CPA) who are Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV). Many team members focus exclusively on valuation, and all of our specialists actively participate in ongoing education.
In addition, our specialists have expertise in manufacturing, health care, construction, professional services, wholesale, retail and many other industries—and they enjoy direct access to our industry-focused teams—ensuring the detailed understanding and insight needed to accurately value your business.
With Schenck, you can count on meaningful valuations that protect you and your business and assist you in achieving your business transition goals.
Valuation services for all your business needs.
The Schenck team recommends and performs valuations for a range of situations, including:
- Estate planning and gifting—get recommendations for reducing your tax liability while ensuring compliance with applicable tax laws
- Buy/sell agreements—protect your business and your stakeholders in the event of a buyout and understand the value of partial interests in your business
- Merger/acquisition—make informed business sale and purchase decisions
- Divorce—understand business value to determine division of marital property
- Business succession planning—know the value of your business and/or partial interests that will be transferred to key employees or the next generation of family owners
- Charitable contributions—provide a credible value to support your deduction of closely-held stock
- Conversion to S corporation—comply with regulations when restructuring your business
- Purchase price allocation and goodwill impairment—ensure proper financial reporting
- Employee Stock Ownership Programs (ESOPs)—get assistance with developing your ESOP and complying with the program’s annual valuation requirements
- Strategic planning—make better informed business decisions
Defensible valuations and financial analyses for complex disputes.
No one plans on partner disputes, fraud or divorce. But when these things happen, professional valuations and objective witness services are critical to protecting you and your business.
At Schenck, our valuation professionals regularly work with attorneys and their clients to provide valuation services, financial analyses and courtroom testimony in a variety of cases, including:
- Divorce—objective business valuations and financial and cash flow analyses to help in divorce settlements
- Damages—financial analyses to determine damages in cases of personal injury, wrongful death, wrongful termination and commercial disputes
- Suspected fraud—analyses to determine the financial impact resulting from allegations of financial wrongdoing
- Review of findings—Schenck can help review the findings of opposing experts